Mr. Lang is a frequent speaker at conferences of attorneys and judges on various aspects of the practice of law. Though he speaks on a wide range of topics, he is perhaps most in demand to speak on the issue of Mental Health and the Practice of Law.
Mental Health and the Practice of Law
With lawyer suicide being the subject of increased news coverage, attorney mental health has become a focal point of bar associations around the country. Mr. Lang written on the subject and has spoken to a broad and deep audience of Georgia attorneys on this important topic.
- State Bar of Georgia, Social Security Law Institute (April 2023, upcoming).
- Mercer University, Inside the Legal Profession (April 2022)
- Chief Justice’s Commission on Professionalism (Panelist) (April 2021) (see below)
- Atlanta Lawyer's Club (Panelist) (February 2020)
- Tift County Bar Association (October 2019)
- Georgia Bar Small Firm and Solo Institute (Speaker, Panelist) (September 2019)
- Dekalb County Bar (February 2019)
- Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys (November 2018)
- Cherokee County Bar (October 2018)
- Institute of Continuing Judicial Education ("ICJE"), Magistrate and Municipal Court (July 2018)
- Columbus Bar Association (January 2018)
- Clayton County Bar Association (February 2017)
- ICJE, Georgia Judicial Law Clerks Conference (July 2016)
- ICJE, Georgia State Court Judges (May 2016)
- ICJE, Georgia Council of Probate Court Judges (April 2016)
The most recent version of the written materials supporting the presentation can be found here, though it is significantly different than the presentation. A representation of Mr. Lang's writing on the subject can be found in The Atlanta Lawyer, March 2017, Mental Health and the Practice of Law. A news story about the presentation is accessible here. If you are interested in having Mr. Lang speak on this subject, reach out to email@example.com. An informal "interview" version of the presentation can be found here.
Chief Justice's Commission on Professionalism - April 30, 2021
On April 30, I had the honor of participating in a panel presentation produced by the Chief Justice of the Georgia Supreme Court on the all-too-prevalent issue of attorney suicide. The program, hosted by former Attorney General Sally Yates, was attended by over 1,500 attorneys and others. Read more about the program both by clicking the link on the image to the left and by reading the news coverage. If you would like, you can also watch or listen to video excerpts of Mr. Lang's comments.
The Unauthorized Practice of Law in the State of Georgia (2014)
Ethical Issues Arising out of Diminished-Capacity Clients and Impaired Counsel (2013)
Interaction Between Theory and Practice: Using General Estoppel Theory to Predict Outcomes In Estoppel Certificate Litigation (2012)
Odd Problems in Landlord-Tenant Matters (2011)
Ten Things Every Business Lawyer Should Know – A Litigator’s Perspective (2010)
Enforcing and Attacking Settlement Agreements (2007)